5.05.2011

Thankful Thursday...sort of

After *this* , here's how the rest of my day went.






Our garbage disposal broke. Later that day I forgot it was broken and was trimming up some chicken for supper and let some raw chicken pieces go down the drain. That was a big mistake.






The door to the kids shower broke. It literally fell right off the hinge. Thank goodness the kids weren't in the bath at the time.






I was trying to brighten my spirits- bought some spring flowers and as I was unloading them I somehow tripped on our big Hawkeye rock in our front yard and cut my leg.






I didn't realize at the time I had actually broken skin, so I just hopped in the van to run my next errand and soon felt my leg stinging. Looked down and there was blood. Checked my purse and I was out of band-aids. Awesome.






Back home I was rearranging some picture frames in yet another attempt to boost my happiness. I swear I didn't drop it, but somehow the glass in one of the frames cracked and broke all over the floor in our carpeted family room. At least I didn't cut myself.






Kylee was trying to take our Power Wheels tractor over a ramp we have (the type Kael usually rides his bike over) and she misjudged the width, slid off the side of the ramp and the tractor landed on top of her. Don't worry, she's OK!!!






Kael had an appointment with the ENT yesterday and we have decided to do another set of ear tubes and also remove his adenoids. I firmly believe that money is no object when it comes to your kids' health. I am thrilled with our decision to do this, but in the back of my mind, when I hear the word surgery I see a lot of $$$ signs and I know we're heading into summer when I don't watch any kids which means I don't get paid.






Well friends, if you've stuck with me this far in this Debbie Downer of a post...hang in there....






I am so thankful for people in my life who refuse to let me get down on myself. I am blessed with a network of people who offer to help, offer to steal the kids for an hour so I can catch up on things, offer to take me out to lunch, offer to bring over a bottle of wine and listen to me complain. For all of you, I am more thankful than you might ever know.






I am so thankful for cinco de mayo. I ate at Cazador with my grandma, mom, sister, niece, Kylee and Ryan today for lunch.






I am really thankful for Kylee's Mother's Day program at her preschool. She sure made me feel like one special Mommy. If you're thinking she's the cutest one there, I happen to agree. :)





On one final good note- I was balancing my checkbook this morning and realized I miscalculated and found $300 in my favor. Now that's a good day. And I know there are plenty more of those ahead.

No comments: