5.04.2011

That kind of day

It's easy for me to write about the fun things we do as a family, crafty projects (speaking of- whoops! I haven't written about Easter or May Day yet! I'll try to get to that someday...) or cute stories about the kids.

Today I don't feel like that.

It's that kind of a day:

Kael sleepily rolled out of bed and blindly walked into the bathroom. A minute later I hear, "Sorry Mom. I'll clean it up." I'll give you one guess what happened. (If you're thinking he missed the toilet you're thinking right.)

The laundry is already piled three feet high and I need to add to that all the sheets to wash for the week. (that's usually a Monday job and here it is already Wednesday...)

Kael spilled his graham crackers and milk all over the counter after I had just asked him to move his cup so he wouldn't tip it over.

I had a quick hour to go shopping for myself and found that NOTHING fit right.

I knew I was a little grumpy and I had one tanning session left so I went.

When I was crabbing to Kent about needing to get back into running so my clothes fit again He Who Usually Says The Right Thing looked at me, smiled and said, "Well, your love handles look tan." That is not a joke. He ACTUALLY said that. I laughed, hard. And I felt better.

No comments: