5.31.2011

Happiness Project: Quotes

Hope you all enjoyed a nice long weekend to kick start summer! I can't believe it's Tuesday already, which means it's time for a Happiness Project post. Over the weekend I read The Nine Rooms of Happiness and really enjoyed it. Lots of similar content to The Happiness Project, but reading another book on happiness gave me a renewed energy to keep focusing on being happy.


This week I was hoping to post how happy I am now that I had organized our computer desk, neatly filed away and/or hung the kids school papers, (btw this is brilliant, no?), revamped Kael's notebook for the upcoming school year, and simliar projects but, alas, I spent too much time boating and going to the pool this weekend that those projects got pushed to the backburner.


In high school, my bedroom was covered with quotes. I printed them off in funky fonts and stuck them to colored paper and hung them all over my walls and I loved them. I hope some of these bring some happiness to your day.

Don't do anything halfway unless you're willing to be half happy.

Be the change you want to see.

Talk and be yourself, then listen and be a friend.

Home is the comfiest place to be. (I'm thinking of putting this quote up in Kael's room somehow...or maybe having it on a pillow or something. He loves being comfy.)




Anything worth doing is worth doing well.






Having a place to go is a home;
Having someone to love is family;
Having both is a blessing.





(I have been wanting to put this quote up in our living room for years now....)

Do what makes you happy; be with those who make you smile; laugh as much as you breathe love as long as you live.

Get busy living or get busy dying (few of you may know that Shawshank Redemption is my favorite movie).

Sometimes you have to give up something you love for something you love a little bit more.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.


Have a happy day!

No comments: