3.30.2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm so thankful for Kylee Kay. Today, in preparation for the baby shower on Saturday, we went and got pedicures. I feel like I do a lot of stuff for/with Kael but I really wanted today to be a special Kylee day. We hadn't been in since last September and the girls there all remembered Kylee. She was chatting with them the whole time they worked on her toes and they were just cracking up. "She's so talkative!" they said. They asked me how old she was but she replied, "Well, I'm 3 but my mom is 27.". Thanks Kylee. I'm not going to love how willingly she shares that information quite as much once that number climbs much higher. She also made sure they were aware of the correct spelling of her name. "It's K-Y-L-E-E," she explained matter-of-factly.
"Mom, can you make my chair wiggle?" she asked. Pedicures with massages? Yes, please. Kylee I like your style.
Kylee asked the girl for a butterfly and the girl admitted she was better at dragonflies. "Ooooh yes, I want that!!!" Kylee exclaimed. The girl said, "Is silver ok? It'll give you a little bling bling." Kylee was fascinated by this term. "Bling?" she asked. I was curious how the girl would explain this to a three year old. "Yeah, kind of like sparkly." Like Kylee would say no to that!
The finished product. Kylee picked both her color and mine.

Trying out the close up setting on my camera. Yeah, that looks like bling to me.

Here is a picture I dug up from last time we were there. I'm afraid I've started her a little young on the pedicure habit. Really, she's only gone twice and I know it's a bit of a splurge, but I figure once in awhile it's totally worth it. I love spending time with my best gal.

No comments: