3.30.2011

Happiness Project: Organization

No one loves organization as much as I do! Well, actually, that's not entirely true. My two sisters and my mom totally have me beat in this category. But I do love it. I have a little saying that is helpful, especially for Kael, "A place for everything, and everything in its place". That is, to say that if everything has a place, it's much easier for the kids to be able to pick up after themselves! Especially now that Kael can read, labels make it easy to find exactly where things go.



Inspired by my Gretchen Rubin to do my own mini-happiness project, I enlisted my mom's help last week to get some of the clutter in this house under control! I couldn't be happier with the results. So far we've done mostly the kitchen, but I am anxious to tackle our laundry/storage room then garage....


I realize now that I should have taken some "before" pictures so you could fully appreciate the difference.



Craft tub. I still need to label all the drawers, which is why there's not a picture of that.




I had no place for all of Kent's grilling "stuff"- all those tools are huge and we don't have a lot of extra space in our kitchen. I squeezed in a little room next to our silverware. Tools, grill spices and koozies- we're ready for summer!





I love these daffodils so much!




While I'm still getting used to reaching for my cereal in a different spot in the kitchen, I can't tell you how happy I am to have some much needed organization around here. Thanks, Mom for all your help!

1 comment:

mom said...

You are very welcome, I had fun!! When we are done at your house, we can work on my house!! We'll be so organized! I see a garage sale in our future.