3.02.2011

Game

Two things I've mentioned in the blog before: I spend a lot of time in my van and my kids LOVE their uncle Rob. Totally unrelated comments, right? Wrong.


Here's the commentary on the way to preschool one day.


Kylee: "Mom, Rob is tall."


Me: "Yes, he is."


Kylee: "I bet he's not taller than that house."


Me: "Right, Kylee. Rob is tall, but he is not taller than a house."


She ponders this for a few minutes.


Kylee: "I bet he's taller than that tree."


Me: "I bet not." (It was a pretty tall tree.)


Kylee: "Well, he is taller than some trees."


Me: "You're probably right."


She keeps her eyes peeled, just waiting to prove her point...


(Finally) Kylee: "See that tree over there? He's way taller than that."


Me: "Yes, he is taller than that tree."


She looks quite content with herself, having successfully proven that Rob is, in fact, taller than a tree. She comes from a long line of gals who love being right. :)

So, this is our current favorite game to play on the way to and from anywhere. Kylee calls it, "What's taller than Rob?" There are some obvious yes/no's. Fire hydrant, no. Fire station, yes. Kylee won't give in on the stop sign though. I say Rob is NOT taller than a stop sign. Kylee says he absolutely is. Get ready to be measured against a stop sign next time you visit us, Rob. :)

No comments: