3.03.2011

Thankful Thursday

So many things to be thankful for this week.


I'm thankful for Wendy's Night (PTO fundraiser for Kael's school) last night. As far as I'm concerned it's the perfect excuse to get a round of Frosties, with 10% of all sales supporting Kael's school!



What I'm most thankful for this week: Not only is my grandma home from the hospital, she is doing very well! We went in for a short visit this week and Kylee was convinced Mamo would look great in these glasses, and she also crafted the bracelet Mamo is wearing. Thanks to everyone for all the kind thoughts and prayers.





I just got on the library website to renew something and realized I currently have 53 (!) items checked out. All children's materials. I am so thankful my kids love to read. I always keep big stacks of books in our living room and that's usually what the kids choose to do when I'm getting dinner ready. I rotate the books frequently so there are almost always new books to choose from. Some current favorites are: The Franklin series, anything by Mo Willems (Kael thinks Piggie and Gerald are hilarious and he can read these books front to back all by himself!), Junie B. Jones, Fancy Nancy and Arthur.

*In case you're wondering, that is the most books I've ever had checked out but I often have close to that many- and if you can believe it, I never lose or forget to return a book. Need proof? Without looking I can tell you that right now there's an Arthur book under my seat in the van, a Gerald and Piggie book in Kael's top drawer by his bed along with two Junie B. Jones books, one book in the toyroom and a few on Kylee's dresser (even though they are all supposed to be stacked nicely in our living room!)


I am really thankful I recently came across......Dunkaroos!!!! Maybe you're not familiar but I took them in my lunch all the time when I was in school. I have actually looked for them in the stores in the past with no luck. I hadn't heard that cute little "Dunkaroos, Dunkaroos, how do you dunk your Dunkaroos?" jingle on TV for about fifteen years so I assumed they had stopped making them. They're those cute little kangaroo shaped graham cookies that you "dunk" in chocolate. Kylee Kay is pretty darn thankful I found them too. She has such a sweet tooth! You better believe she and I shared a pack of them as soon as I got home from the store. :)

No comments: