3.01.2011

What's up now?

My kids. At 5:45 again. What's a girl gotta do to get some sleep around here??? (Although I secretely love that pitter patter of little feet sneaking in my room and their warm, snuggly bodies cuddling up next to me in the morning.)

The good news: It's only 9:30 and I have washed all the sheets from all 3 beds in our house, made dinner, balanced the checkbook, paid a few bills and have made plans to spend the afternoon at the mall with my best gal. (Kylee, obviously :). Turns out you really can get a lot done if you get up early.

Speaking of my Kylee...this morning, as she was eating her electric purple grape Pop-tart, she looks at me with sleepy eyes and says,

"Mommy, does God have a magic wand?".

I try hard to think of the best teachable moment response, but my curiousity got the best of me. "Why do you think He needs a magic wand honey?"

"For when He made me."

"Yes, Kylee. I'm quite certain He has a magic wand."

"I thought He did."

She smiled, clearly pleased with my answer. I smiled too, pleased she is thinking about God and really please she is comfortable talking with me about things like this.

And hopefully you're smiling now too- trying to picture God with a magic wand. :)

No comments: