1.20.2011

Winter day

As far as I'm concerned, winter could just hurry up and be done already! Kylee brightened my winter blahs by making these cute and colorful coffee filter snowflakes!



Kylee has had a pretty bad cough the last couple days. Lucky for me she's still at the age where hot chocolate can cure almost anything. :) She declared today that she was not well enough to go to school. I totally pulled out the line, "Well if you're not well enough to go to school then you're not well enough to go to tumbling tonight!". A classic Mom phrase, right? And it worked.
Last night I was tucking Kael in and after we finished reading a book he turned and looked at me with his big brown eyes and said, "No te vayas mama". (Don't go Mom!) It was the sweetest thing (and so perfectly conjugated!) and I could absolutely not say no. Why is it so adorable when little kids speak Spanish? I've been trying a harder to speak more Spanish to my kids. While I am far from fluent, I do remember a few things from that Spanish major I acquired seemingly a lifetime ago. And I feel like I would be doing them a disservice if I didn't speak it to them at least a little. Kylee also will not let me leave her room at night until I give her at least ten "besitos". (little kisses) Cute!
What I'm into today: (this is a new little thing I'm going to put in at the end of each post...well at least until I run out of things that I'm into)


Sweater dresses and leggings- This is one trend that I hope will never go out of style. And if it does I'm just going to keep wearing it. When my kids and the kids I babysit were younger I was in jeans and a t-shirt almost every day around the house! Now that they're older I can totally justify dressing up a little bit more- plus the leggings are super comfy! And cute with the aforementioned slipper booties that I absolutely adore!
Homemade Hot Chocolate
*this makes a very large batch!
8 qt. box dry milk
1 lb. can Nestle Quik
12 oz. CoffeeMate (original)
1/2 c. powdered sugar
Mix all ingredients. Use 1/3 cup mixture to one cup of boiling water. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jon & Jennifer said...

I LIVE in tunics/long sweaters/long shirts and leggings right now! I wear it like 3 days a week to work and couldn't be more compfy! Maybe that's just being pregnant but it's a great style!!