1.17.2011

I'm back!

I promised myself that when I started blogging a couple years ago I would not become one of those millions of people out there who have abandoned their blogs. People have been giving me a hard time about updating it, assuming I have gotten too busy or forgotten about it.

One of my last posts was that we were happy to announce we were expecting our third child. The following sentence has evidently taken me over a year to put together and publish: we lost the baby February 1. My heart goes out to anyone who has ever gone through a miscarriage because not a day goes by that I don't think about it.


Moving forward...

I'm not usually a resolution person. I can't remember the last time I even made a New Year's resolution but this year I have made an honest effort to be more, um, techie? Is that how you even spell it? We got a new laptop; Kent surprised me at Christmas with a new camera; and I, get ready for it, have even FINALLY joined the Facebook revolution. So, I figured if I'm going to be all technology-savvy I might as well update the blog.

Here's a quick update on the fam. (Let's get real- it's probably not going to be quick so if you're out there looking to kill time at work today, it's your lucky day! I'll fill your time with stories of the kids....)

Kent started working downtown with Ruan last March as their Liability Claims Adjuster. He really has loved this change and has also been studying for his Associate in Claims certification which is a series of four tests and he has already passed the first one!

Kael is in kindergartgen. Even as I type those words they seem unreal. Not only is he in kindergarten but he's halfway done! Ahh! He continues to amaze me every day with things he has learned and maybe just as amazing are some of the phrases he has picked up from some kids on the playground. Kindergarten boy humor is not always mom-approved.

Kylee is in preschool and continues to be a big helper to me around the house during the day. She could totally run the show if I wasn't here. She has really taken hold of an "I'm always right" attitude but the truth is that more often than not, she is. :) The world needs leaders I guess!
Currently she is doing a tumbling class that is so fun. We did a dance class a couple months ago that she seemed to also enjoy but I think tumbling is much more her pace.

I continue my fourth year of babysitting and can't believe how grown up all my kids are getting. Just the other day one of the girls I watch asked me if I wanted her cell phone number because "Miss Laura I have your number in my cell so you might as well have mine, right?" I love it. I absolutely love it.

Kent and I are headed to the Florida Keys later this week. We are really looking forward to an adult getaway and the kids are equally excited about sleepovers at Grandmas and Grandpas houses!

In other news, my sister Mandy is expecting (a girl!) and is due in early May. I am so excited to be an aunt!

Most of the recent pictures I have are of Christmas so I'll post just one picture from today. All the rain made for perfect snowman weather!



No comments: