1.11.2010

Rock stars don't sit in timeout

Kael has been really into playing his guitar(s) lately. We'll turn some music videos on and he loves to watch himself rock out in the mirror. Out of the blue the other day he said to me, "Hey Mom, I can't live without you." And I'm thinking, "Aww, I can't live without you either buddy". Then he proceeds, "Maybe it's truuuueee, I can't live without yoooouuuu, I'm thinking twoooo is better than one....." So maybe we've been hitting the Boys Like Girls videos a little hard. :)

Last night Kael and Kylee were arguing about the pronunciation of the word volleyball. Kylee says "bolleyball" (even though she knows that's not right- in true second child style, she just says it to upset Kael, which usually works). Kael keeps correcting her saying, "Kylee it's "VOLLEYball". She refuses to give in so finally Kael bonks her on the head. Of course, he gets sent to a timeout. After a minute or two Kael peeks his head around the corner, clearly annoyed at the whole situation and says, "Dad, rock stars don't sit in timeout!"




No comments: