4.07.2024

Weekend Wrap-Up

Busy spring week and weekend around here! Kylee had a great (long) meet on Thursday. She wanted a better time in her 4x800 but was happy with her mile time! She hadn't run that race in two years so it was fun to see her do that.  She had a long time between races so Kent and Kase were able to go to baseball between and still see both her races. 



Congratulating a friend. 


Hugs from brother post-race.



Saturday I went to Waverly to watch Kael throw! Emma and her parents came to watch so it was nice for me to meet them. 



It was a super windy day but Kael was happy with his throws.  I'm always happy when I get to see him!



At home Kylee had a long run then went to Garrett's baseball games.  Kase played around the 'hood with friends. Later Keith and Cindy took Kase and Kellen and Krue out for dinner so Kent and I could have a date night! Kylee was at a church youth panel then hung out with her bestie Emma and they even came back to our house later to make slime like they used to back in the day.



I didn't take any pics of me and Kent but we had a lovely dinner and even had time for dessert.  He made my night by taking me to Greenbriar and ordering three desserts! Ha! The wait staff just loved it and thought it was so sweet (ha, pun intended) that they brought out a candle for me since it's near my birthday and even gave me a gift card to come back again soon! What a fun and special memory.



Sunday we had baseball! First Crew tournament of the year. We thought it was going to get rained out but the weather held off and we got to play.  The boys looked great and everyone just seemed happy to be there.



Kase is always happy with blue Big League Chew in his mouth. 



We went 1-1 on the day!



We were supposed to play one more but the rain moved in and while we waited it out the boys all crowded around and watched the start of the Hawkeye game. 



In the end we got rained out but we made it home in time to watch the end of the game and Kase had some friends over.  Kylee had been at a church meeting then out to Saylorville for a walk with a friend. 

Later Garrett came over, we ordered pizza and watched baseball.  Such a nice night!

No comments: