9.17.2023

Weekend Wrap-Up

Kent sent me these beautiful flowers while he was away because he loves me and he wanted to make sure we were getting along ok without him and he knew they would brighten my day.  He's the best.



Saturday morning after Kylee's long run she volunteered with her cross country team at Miracle League and had the best time.  Love that they do this.


Then we all headed for Pella to watch the game and visit Kael! 


Kase rode his scooter around and spotted Kael right away in the student section! We had a great spot on the hill.


The game had a brief lightning delay and while we waited it out, Kael asked Kase, "Hey do you want to play football with me and my friends?" The look on Kase's face was priceless- his eyes got big and he said, "Really?!" He was so happy to be included and it was fun to see Kael with his friends!





Meanwhile we explored campus.



It's so pretty at Central!




You know your kid is in the right place when other moms from your "college care pack" group spot him at the game and send you a picture!



Obligatory bakery stop.  Happy Kase.



We all headed back to the game and then Kylee and Garrett had to take off just a little bit before it ended because she had to get back for a Homecoming thing.  She drove home without either me or Kent with her- Garrett was with her and helped with directions but I'm so proud she did it!


After the game, Kent, Kase and I took Kael out for Mexican and then ice cream and had fun driving around town just spending time with Kael.  I'm just so happy knowing he is in the right place for him and he seems so happy! Love this kid.





We had a nice night at home- Kent and I went for a long walk, Kylee hung out with her friends and Kase played with his best buddy.


Sunday after church we harvested the rest of our apples then Kent mowed, Kylee and I ran a couple errands then her friends came over before On The Prowl!


Such an awesome group of girls and they were so sweet and thanked me so many times for hosting them and driving them all up their in Kent's truck!




Hilarious that Tammy and I took almost the exact same picture with Kylee (separetely without knowing!)


Kylee's group had a ton of fun and I loved watching the Blue Bunnies!


Garrett found Kylee and egged her during one of the games- she was a good sport about it! Pretty funny!




Meanwhile Kase was at a game.  He played well even though his team lost.  I got a sweet message from a friend who doesn't even have a kid on our team praising Kase's amazing arm. 



We had a nice night at home- Kent and I took a walk, Kylee grabbed dinner with her friends after OTP and Kase played with his best friend all night.  Ready for another fun, fall week ahead! 


No comments: