7.30.2023

Weekend Wrap-Up

 Kase's team had a big rain delay on day two of pool play.  A bunch of the team met up at a batting cage and had fun while they waited for games to get going! 


Kael and Kylee sent me a bunch more picture from their trip and Thursday night we went to my parents' house to have dinner and show them all of our pictures from our trips.  Kael and Kylee were so excited to have a home cooked meal after being gone for so long!



















Friday morning Kase's team won their game then were rain delayed a little for their next game.  I took Kael and Kylee out for lunch then shopping to start getting some things for Kael for college! So fun spending time with the bigs and I think Kael appreciated Kylee's input on some things. 

Meanwhile, Kase hit a home run in Florida! That's number 8 for him and a big win over Team Southeast put Team Midwest in the semi-finals!


Later Kael worked, Kylee and I shopped a bit then came home and baked cookies.


(A few more px came in from Rocky- seriously how gorgeous?!)



Saturday morning I was a trail riding training partner for Kylee.  Since it's Dead Week and there are no school organized practices, Kylee had a loooooong run on her own so I joined her to keep her company and also dole out Powerade and energy gel.  I thoroughly enjoyed our morning! Bike people are so polite and friendly.  


Go, Kylee, go!


This team just didn't have what it took to make it to the final but Kase had a great hit and came in and pitched a great last inning.  In the end, it was just fine they lost because Kent and Kase had a flight to catch!


These buddies were happy to be heading home and loved the whole experience.


Saturday night Kael surprised my sister and her fam and my parents in Norwalk to watch Huston's baseball game then he picked up a friend and went to a concert.  Kylee and Garrett went out for dinner then let me tag along afterwards to try the new ice cream place in town.  It was great!


I went to pick up the boys on Saturday night.  The look on Kase's face when he came down the escalator was so, so sweet! He said he didn't know I was coming and he gave the biggest smile and shouted, "Mom's here!" and ran to me for a hug.  It was awesome.



Sunday we had a bunch of stuff to do around home- Kent's credit card had fraud he had to deal with, our water heater broke and also just had to deal with all the "just got home from a week long trip" stuff.  We knocked that out pretty quickly so Kase and Kent took off for the A frame! Kael and Kylee had a Rocky Reunion lunch.





Later Kase played with friends, Kylee had plans with church friends to watch volleyball and grab dinner then had a sleepover with a friend.  Kent, Kael and I grilled out, went for a walk and went through some things for college for him.  I can't believe it's basically August!




No comments: