8.14.2022

Weekend Wrap-Up

Thursday night I got to go with Kael to the Iowa State Fair! I rarely get to spend one on one time with this guy and let me tell you, we had the BEST time. 



Saw the butter cow, obvs.


Rode the SkyGlider! 



Kael had seen this new fair food- a fried chicken sandwich with a Krispy Kreme donut as the bun so we scoped the place out and surprisingly the line wasn't too bad so we got one! He said it was pretty good!



The real reason we were there was for the Skillet concert! Usually this is Kent and Kael's thing to do together but honestly I was thrilled to get to go with him and I even surprised myself by liking it as much as I did.  Kael made it really fun for me.


It really was a great show!




Meanwhile, Kylee and her friend were crossing things off their summer Bucket List and had fun making this chocolate cake before going to the VBS volunteer party together!



And...Kent and Kase were at the Field of Dreams for the Reds vs. Cubs game! I was lucky enough to score two tickets so my baseball boys were thrilled.






They said the whole experience was so cool. I was so happy they got to go!





Friday night Kent and I got to golf with some friends.  We haven't been out nearly enough this summer and had a great time!



Here are a few (out of order) football things that Kael has been up to- I've loved being on the parent board this year and getting to be a little more involved and have the inside scoop on all the things that are going on! He had a great time at the pool party a few nights ago and also enjoyed volunteering at the Miracle League.  





Loved seeing this group interact with the Miracle League kids!









When Kase doesn't have a baseball in his hands, he is fishing as much as possible.  Kent and I ended up with a surprising free night alone with Kase last night while Kael worked and Kylee hung out with her boyfriend (after we went to watch his MVP games where he hit a triple almost- just almost over the fence right by where Kylee was sitting!) anyhow- my dad happened to drive by where we had taken Kase fishing so he stopped by to chat for a bit.



We didn't have luck there so we moved to Georgetown where Kent and Kase caught a total of four fish, pretty quickly! A cold front had moved in an it felt like fall.  Such a nice night.




Sunday Kael worked and Kase wanted to go fishing again.


Kylee got a group of friends together for a belated birthday celebration. Kent took them out boating and they had a great time!


I was with Kael at his football team season kickoff and hog roast.  Love seeing his senior poster up there!





Kase swam at a friend's house then went fishing with another friend.  Keith and Cindy were a big help= Keith drove one car full of girls to the lake and also picked up and Cindy held down the fort at our place keeping track of Kase coming and going! Also huge shoutout to Kent who pretty much manned the birthday party on his own- captaining the boat, taking the girls out for ice cream, ordering pizza for them- he did it all since I was busy with the football committee volunteering at the hog roast. After the lake the girls came back here to play some volleyball, order pizza and hang out.  Kael hung out with a friend and I went to a neighbor's house with a group of friends to surprise her with well wishes for her son who is having a big surgery Tuesday.  Love seeing our little village come together to support this sweet family. 
Have a great week!

No comments: