6.19.2022

Weekend Wrap-Up

 Summer is just the best. 


Kael, Kase and I had time to try the new northside Slim Chickens restaurant last week and it was a thumbs up from both my boys! 



Kent and I squeezed in a quick date night dinner out while our kids were otherwise occupied then took a quick walk up to the ballfields.


Kase joined us for this part and just can't wait until the day he can play on these fields!



Kase wrapped up Speed Camp with a buddy and one of my favorite influences on Kase- Patrick Jackson!




Kylee sends me pictures like this of her and her boyfriend hanging out at his pool.  Teenagers, AmIRight?!



We did fit in time to hang out with Kent's family last Thursday night and it was so, so good to see everyone! 





That same night Kent had the ice cream truck visit the Crew boys at practice- so fun!



Friday morning Kent and Kael went fishing with my dad in Clear Lake.  By all accounts it was a fantastic day, and there was even a great "the one that got away" story for Kael.  Love that he gets to spend time like this with Kent and my dad.  Nothing better.







Twinning in the same football shirt!



That afternoon Kent took Kael and some buddies out boating and tubing.  They just had the best time! I couldn't be happier for Kael when he gets to do stuff like this and so thankful Kent is available to take the guys out on the boat.



Meanwhile, Kylee was at a friend's lake house for the weekend and I was at the Briarwood pool with Kase and some of his friends.



Saturday we were back to playing baseball! We went 1-1 on the day.



This buddy just pitched lights OUT on Saturday. 




Ahhhh- there's my Kase.  No shirt.  Comfy shorts.  Crocs.  Backwards hat.  That feels gooood after a long, hot day of baseball. He and Kent ate at Slim Chickens for dinner after the tournament and Kael hung out with a buddy.  



I don't even want to know how many chicken tenders Kase has eaten in the last few days. 




Sunday was Father's Day and there is nowhere better for Kent to spend that day than at the ball fields! We lost a heartbreaking close one but our boys all hit the ball and it was great to see that. Later my dad and mom stopped by and I had some lemon meringue pie for my dad for Father's Day.  Kael worked and Kent, Kase and I went to the Briarwood pool- it was a beautiful afternoon for it and Kase was so happy to play around with Kent in the water! Later Kylee had volleyball and we grilled steaks for dinner.  Kael asked to grill his own so Kent gave him a lesson on doing steaks on the Traeger so that was a fun Father's Day memory.  Then Kael had plans to go bowling with friends so Kent, Kase and I went fishing.  A great end to a fun weekend! 



My mom had some fun gifts for my dad to unwrap- this fishing gnome is so perfect! My dad is just the very best.  So thankful for what a big part of our lives he is.  Kael has been learning from him to drive with a boat trailer hooked up and hopes to hang out with him this week and try to back the boat into the water.  We're the luckiest. 




No comments: