3.29.2021

Weekend Wrap-Up

 What a weekend you guys.  Lots to say and all the different moods happening so bear with me I guess.

Friday evening Kylee had tryouts for a volleyball thing.  I'm so proud of her for giving it a shot- because of how her birthday falls, she was one of the very youngest (competing against 15 year olds and she is only 13) in her group.  She was so thankful for finding a good friend there to be partners with!


Meanwhile there was a little drama at home.  Kent was hanging with the boys while I had Kylee at volleyball.  I have Kase's friends at our house ALL.THE.TIME.  Feed them, give them band-aids when they are hurt, text their parents when they ask me to check in and if "they can just stay a little longer", give them Gatorades....anyhow, well the boys had been at our house all afternoon and went to another friend's house for a little bit.  Kase was there like 10 minutes and the boys told him he had to go home.   You guys, I was not happy.  Kase didn't know what he had done to get "kicked out" and I am usually one to just let the boys be boys and figure it out themselves but Kase was so sad and confused.  I texted the other mom who happened to not be home, the grandparents had been there, but no one seemed to know what happened and it was a whole thing.  I hate friend drama the most I think. Anyhow, it got resolved and the friend came to apologize the next day and they all played together like best friends again and as if nothing had ever happened.  Boys.  
 

Anyhow, the next day Kylee had a volleyball tournament and we got a tough draw for locations.  An old, run down, crowded gym so just I went.  Kent stayed home with the boys.   Kase ended up going to SkyZone and out for ice cream with a buddy and they had the best time.  Kael went to his best friend's house for a birthday sleepover and had a great time.  The tournament was a tough one to watch.  Kylee was a little off and didn't play as much as she wanted or hit as well as she hoped when she did get in.  I am so, SO proud of this girl though.  She kept a smile on her face the entire day and a positive attitude and cheered her team on.  



That night we had a fun time just hanging out with her since the boys were gone.  Kent took her for her first driving lesson (!!!) and then we made nachos and watched a movie together.  It was great.





Sidenote, are you laughing so hard at Kase's spring pictures? The mask, the grumpy eyes, the carnival background.  What in the world.








Sunday Kent and Kylee left early for volleyball.  They played great and secured a bid for Nationals in Las Vegas this summer.  So exciting!






While they were gone, I got news that my Grandpa Dean had passed away.  I am still at a loss for words but am just so very thankful for all the years of memories my kids have with him.  He was just the very, very best.  I am sure I will write more after I've had some time to process and after the funeral on Saturday.







Sunday evening we had Kael's football banquet. I'm so proud of him for being part of the team and it was a really nice night celebrating the sophomores!




Have a good week, everyone.



No comments: