2.10.2020

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's official.  Kael is taller than me! He was so excited when we measured each other a few days ago.  I knew it wouldn't be long before he passed me!

Thursday night we happened to all be free so we headed over to check out the new library.  It's pretty amazing!


And so neat that Kent is a part of it!


Friday we asked my dad to stop by for cake because we knew we had a busy weekend ahead and weren't sure when we would get to see him to celebrate his birthday.


Later that night I had book club, Kent took Kase and Kylee to the basketball game and Kael had some buddies sleep over.  Fun night!

Saturday morning Kylee had a tournament in Ames.  Kase went to play with a friend all day. Kylee's team played well all day.



 These girls love making TikToks during their breaks!




They made it to the championship game and had a heartbreaking 16-14 loss in the third game.  Kylee was super bummed but overall it was such a fun day.


We got done with the tournament pretty early so we were able to go out for dinner at Baratta's to celebrate my dad. 



The birthday boy was even willing to share his lemon cake!


Sunday Kent, Kase and I took off for Cedar Rapids.  We hadn't gotten to see Kase's new team play yet so we were excited! And Kase was excited about his new socks.



The boys played hard and won every game!



 I can't say enough kind words about these coaches.  They just do such a great job with the boys.


And this group of boys is so fun! Such nice families to spend the day with.



Back home Kylee and Kael got along well and my parents stopped by to take them to lunch. Then Kylee had volleyball practice and we got home at a good time so we were all excited to have a nice relaxing family night.  I'm loving our sports-filled weekends! 

No comments: