9.03.2018

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a weekend! It rained allll weekend long but we managed to fit some fun in!

Thursday night Kylee had her first official babysitting job.  She was so happy and proud and I think she got along great!


These two spent a lot of time doing Nerf Wars in Kase's room since the basement is out of commission.


Sweet Kael still holds my hand sometimes when we're relaxing at night as a family.  He knows I've been feeling crummy lately and tries to make me feel better!


Kent took the boys to the apple orchard (thanks, Keith and Cindy for the season passes!!!) between rain storms. Kylee was with a friend and the boys needed a night out of the house.  I think they had a great time!


The next day, Kylee wanted to go, so back we went to the orchard.  It wasn't crowded at all and we had a lot of fun.










When we got home, Kylee made some homemade lipstick.  I know.  She is fully turning into a tween right before our eyes and I'm loving every second of it.


How do you like our new kitchen table? Ha.  Amidst everything that is happening in our house, I decided I don't really like the kitchen table we ordered a few weeks ago so we sent it back and are ordering a new one. But I loved coming in the kitchen the other day and seeing Kent drawing up flag football plays while Kylee colored at our little card table.


Later that night we went out for dinner with Keith and Cindy.  What a welcome distraction that was to our current crazy (flooded) home life! After dinner the kids ran next door to the party store while we finished up and were paying and they sent me this picture.  I died laughing.


Keith and Cindy came back here to hang out and it was so nice to spend time with them just relaxing.  Kael showed them a new quiz game he has been working on.


Meanwhile, Kase worked on his chip shot in the front yard.




Monday we just laid low.  Kase actually got sick Sunday night so Monday morning was super low key for him.  Kent and I took some stuff down off the walls since we will need to paint and the big kids helped us clean and just get things done around here.  Later Kael went to a movie with a friend and the rest of us took a long walk and enjoyed some family time. 

Over the weekend both of my sisters stopped by and it was really nice to catch up with them and also get their opinions on new paint colors and ideas for the house.  #ForcedRemodel

We are VERY ready to get back to a normal schedule this week and I'm looking forward to being at preschool starting this week too.  Hope you all enjoyed a nice long weekend!

No comments: