2.12.2018

Weekend Wrap-Up

It was a tough weekend.  We got the news about my grandma and I was fairly teary-eyed on and off for a couple days.  Here's Kase trying to cheer me up by offering me his favorite Star Wars Legos and bringing me a blanket to cuddle on the couch.  Those of you who know Kase well know that cuddling is way out of character for him so I really cherished this moment. 


Thursday morning we made a quick visit to see my dad for his birthday.  Donuts always cheer everyone up!


Friday was Kylee's half birthday so we kept our celebrating spirit going with more donuts.


It was also the kids' Valentine parties at school.  Kylee was so excited about her cupcake box this year! She is so creative.


I had fun at the kids' parties. I'm always thankful for the moms who enjoy planning such awesome parties for the kids! I am happy to go and help lend a hand.  Fun to see the kids with their peers.



After many texts back and forth, later that afternoon Tammy and I went to Sheffield for my grandma's visitation.  We had been hesitant due to weather- we were supposed to be getting some snow.  But we decided to go and I'm so glad we did. It was good to see my family and my grandpa and I was thankful for the extra time to share special memories about my grandma.

Saturday morning we went to the funeral.  It was a very nice service and it was so good to be surrounded by those who loved my grandma as much as we all did.  We got home late afternoon and had a nice relaxing family evening here.  We made sure to play a game of Kings in the Corner before bed- my grandma would have been proud as the kids didn't miss a single move!

Sunday Kase wasn't feeling great so we had a lazy morning then Kent took off for the airport as he's traveling for work this week.  Later that afternoon Kase perked up a bit and we needed to get out of the house so we went to our favorite sledding spot in town. It felt good to get some fresh air! 




These three.  Love them so much. They had a blast going down the hill like this and eventually got pretty good at it!


We woke up this morning with Kase still not feeling great so I kept him home with me for the morning.  The two big kids, however, have been having a lot of fun together lately. These winter days get long but they have been entertaining each other!


Hope your week is off to a good start!

3 comments:

Clipping Path Service said...

Absolutely fantastic job you have done here. And Thank you for sharing with us

David Millar said...


Only wanna tell that this is very useful, Thanks for taking the time to write this.
Photo Retouching Services

David Millar said...


Only wanna tell that this is very useful, Thanks for taking the time to write this.
Photo Retouching Services