11.26.2017

Weekend Wrap-Up

The long weekend wasn't quite long enough! The kids weren't quite ready to go back to school this morning. But I was ready to get back into our routine.  Here's what we did all weekend. 

Friday morning Kylee went in to work early with Kent to help decorate his office! Kase and I stopped by for a little bit too, then the boys spent the morning with my dad while my mom and I did a little more Black Friday shopping!


We spent that afternoon at my mom and dad's house watching the Hawkeye game.  We also spent a lot of time playing outside- it was so nice out!

Cute (rivalry) cousins. 
 Saturday morning Kylee and I went for an early run.  I honestly couldn't keep up with her pace. Ha! We spent the rest of the morning getting things done around the house and wrapping presents.  Kylee played at a friend's house, then later we picked her up and all headed to the movie theater.  The boys saw Justice League and Kylee and I saw Wonder.  It was so, SO good.  Afterwards, Keith and Cindy met up with us and we did our fun tradition of driving through Jolly Holiday Lights while enjoying pizza!

Sunday morning our elf had brought gingerbread houses for us to decorate! I love that the kids are still so excited about this. It was definitely our best year ever as far as decorating goes! Afterwards, we had a family game of football, kickball and basketball.  We definitely got our fill of the outdoors this weekend!




Later that afternoon we went to the mall, which my boys deemed cruel and unusual punishment.  We are not mall people, friends.  However, I did get some shopping done and Kase got to see Santa!



We got home and played outside until the sun set.  Needless to say, we are all happily exhausted!

No comments: