11.12.2017

Weekend Wrap-Up

The time change, this weather, and the fact we're sort of between seasons as far as sports go for the kids had us being TOTAL homebodies this weekend. 

Friday our day didn't go as we had hoped since our beloved Jag volleyball team didn't make it to the final. The kids were so bummed they had to go to school instead of to Cedar Rapids to cheer the team on! Since I had free time that I hadn't planned on, I went out to start some Christmas shopping and literally ran into my parents at Kohl's.  It was so funny.  We had the best time looking for gifts together.  We decided to go for lunch and called Kent to join us, then we went to his office to see his new stand up desk! I'm so happy for him because I know it's what he really wanted. 

Friday afternoon, as soon as I picked Kael up from school, we all went to see the new Thor movie together.  Everyone liked the movie so that was a win. 

Kylee and Kase spent the rest of the evening playing around with Christmas bears while Kent and Kase watched the Jaguar football team on TV. 



Saturday morning we were all up early.  Kent took the kids to his office to organize a few things while I had coffee with my sisters to celebrate Mandy getting elected to City Council and also to start talking about Christmas plans and gift ideas.  It was so great to see them. Then Kent, the kids and I all went to watch Kevin's basketball team play before heading to Kael's game.  His team won on a buzzer beater and he was so excited!

That afternoon Kylee and I went shopping (she is soooo excited about Christmas this year and just loves to shop early for all the people on her list).  We met up with the boys to go get ice cream, then home to watch the Hawkeyes.  Then we grilled burgers and had a lazy night around here.

Sunday morning we went to church, then Kylee had a cross country meet.  It was a tough course but she dug deep and was happy with her finish.  It was a USATF Association XC Championship meet so it was very competitive.





When we got home, Kent put up the Christmas lights (I know!!!), the boys and I ran errands, then we played a family football game until dark. 

It was a great weekend!!!

No comments: