7.31.2017

Weekend Wrap-Up

We are still trying to squeeze every last drop of fun into our summer weekends around here. I can't believe it's almost August! I'm not ready for summer to start winding down at all.

Friday night the Pattersons all came over to celebrate the August birthdays.  We met at El Azteca for dinner, then came back here.  We were excited to host since we had just gotten all our new furniture! We all love the new living room furniture and Kylee couldn't be happier about her bedroom set.  She is thrilled to be able to sleep in her own room again!

As you can see in the photos, Kylee adores her August birthday buddy, Uncle Kevin.






We also had a super fun surprise that night- Kevin and Kaity revealed the gender of their baby that's due in January! We also got to see some adorable ultrasound photos.  We're just so happy for them and really thankful for a wonderful evening of family time with the Pattersons. We played KanJam and spent the rest of the evening talking out on the deck. The weather was perfect.  Later Kase fell asleep in our new chair in the living room while I read books to him.  It was so sweet.


Rewinding a little- I got a few more photos from our week at the lake that I wanted to share.  There are still a ton more but I just don't know how I'll ever post all the ones I want!





Saturday Kylee and I spent almost the entire day sorting and organizing her room.  We went through every article of clothing, every craft item, and found the perfect spot for it in her new room. She's like me in that she loves to have everything have it's perfect spot and loves things to be neat and tidy! Sorting things for her room made me want to do that to every single room in the house! Maybe I'll get to that when Kase heads to kindergarten this fall and I'm looking for things to do.  Anyhow, we're so very thankful to have Kylee's room all put back together and I just know she loves it.  She's so appreciative- it's very sweet.

Later that afternoon Kent took the kids to the pool while I ran a few errands and started birthday shopping for Kylee. After that, Cindy came down to stay with the kids while Kent and I went to the Home Show Expo with friends.  This is our fourth year in a row going with these same friends and we all agree it's one of our favorite nights of the year.  Had dinner out on our way home and enjoyed being able to sit outside on the patio at Jethro's! It was gorgeous out.

Sunday after church we visited Kyle and Julia at their new house! I'm so happy for them.  They have a great place in an awesome location and I can't wait to visit them again soon and let the kids run to the park that's so close to them! When we got home Kylee played with a friend, the boys played football in the backyard (where Kase chipped his tooth when he caught a football with his face then later declared "It was totally worth it because it was an awesome catch.")

Later that night we debated for awhile about whether to go to the Balloon Classic with friends.  We really wanted to go but knew it would be a late night at the end of an already busy weekend.  Ultimately I fun bullied Kent into agreeing with me and we headed to Indianola! We had a great time- the kids had fun dancing to the live music, playing football and frisbee and exploring the balloons during the Night Glow.  It was really cool- we got to walk right up to all the balloons and the kids had fun getting each pilot's trading card. 







Planning to squeeze more fun in today- our oven gets fixed (the very last thing on our to do list from the lightning strike!) then the kids and I are heading to Adventureland! 

No comments: