7.16.2017

Weekend Wrap-Up

I'm tired just looking back at all our pictures from the last few days which, by all accounts, means it's been a great few days.  

It's been a tornado of activity around here with all the house stuff.  Kylee's room has been painted, all the TVs have been replaced...we're getting closer to having our house back and we can't wait.

We spent Wednesday and Thursday at Adventureland with the same friends. Ha! Kent thinks we're crazy.  Kylee also had back to back sleepovers with the same friend and Kael also had a sleepover at his friends house (who happens to be Kylee's friend's older brother).  So we've really enjoyed spending time with their family!








Kase and Kylee's friend's little brother are now good buddies and seem to enjoy doing push-up contests all over Adventureland.





My kids love all the rides and are also pretty confident swimmers so I can typically relax while they are off doing their thing.  By relax, I mean I'm the icee babysitter while the kids are on rides. 





Friday night we took a family bike ride to a new restaurant in town. We've all been coming and going a hundred different directions lately and it felt really good to spend some time just us five.  On the way home we stopped at a hidden park and did pretend Ninja Warrior courses.  The kids were having so much fun coming up with their ninja names and also coming up with a signature move if they hit the top of the warped wall (aka slide). 



Saturday morning while Kael and Kylee were at triathlon practice, Kent and Kase went fishing.  I went to Polk City to walk in the parade to support Mandy, who is running for city council! I have no doubt in my mind she will do a great job and I was so glad that Tammy and I and a few friends got to walk with her. Polk City people, vote for Mandy! 


#ParadeHairDontCare


My sweet friend captured the excitement on my face when I saw some people I knew along the route!


That afternoon, Kylee went to a birthday party while Kent and the boys went to a movie.  Saturday night the kids went to my dad and mom's so Kent and I could go out.  The kids had so much fun getting to go out for dinner and watching the Lego Batman movie while Kent and I enjoyed a night out.





Sunday we had a family get together at Big Creek.  It was so nice to see some of my cousins and their families! The kids all had a blast together.  It was pretty warm out so the kids stayed cool in the water. My parents had gotten out to Big Creek early to claim a spot in the shade so that helped a lot too. We ended up staying out there most of the day!




Kase caught a frog!


Snow cones for the win.







Sunday evening we pretty much just relaxed.  Keith and Cindy stopped by and we were happy to catch up with them.  Later I went for a walk with my friend and Kent and Kylee delivered a birthday present to a friend then we had family game night.

It's been a hot, happy weekend and my heart is full.

No comments: