6.29.2017

Thankful Thursday

You guys.  I have so, SO much to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for my husband.  When I was getting super worried and anxious after our house was struck by lightning, he calmly made the phone call to the fire department. He's a rock.

I'm thankful for how quickly the fire department showed up and how quickly they found the hot spot in Kylee's room.

I'm thankful for my village of friends and family.  The messages poured in- everyone offering to help in any way they could. 

I'm thankful for everyone we have worked with.  From electricians, to insurance adjustors, to cleaners- we have truly been blessed with the best.

I'm thankful no one was injured and besides Kylee's ceiling, nothing really was damaged.  We didn't lose anything with any sentimental value. 

I'm thankful for how well the kids are handling everything.  Our world has been turned upside down in the last 36 hours and everyone is hanging in there and stepping up in a big way.

I'm thankful we called the fire department when we did.  We have had so many professionals tell us that had we waited another hour, we could have very likely lost everything.  You see, there really was no fire- when the lightning struck our house, nothing happened immediately besides the oven was strangely beeping.  Kent walked all around the house and checked everything and all looked normal.  It wasn't until a couple hours later I noticed a smell and asked Kent to look in the attic.  When he did the smell was overwhelming and that's what prompted the call. The firefighters found the spot in Kylee's room and quickly busted open her ceiling- that's when the smoke alarm finally went off.  They put out the smoldering boards in no time.

I'm really thankful we weren't out of town when it happened.  When we were out of town last weekend we didn't have anyone come in and check on the house while we were away.  If this had happened last weekend we surely would have come home to our house with much worse damage.

I'm thankful for all of my mom's help the last couple days. She's helped entertain the kids, she's brought over lunch and even helped me clean.  She's the best and I know there are many other people out there who would do the same for me! Feeling really lucky.  We've had a lot of people tell us we should have gone out and bought a lottery ticket yesterday! 











A big thank you to everyone who has helped us get through the last couple days!

No comments: