12.01.2016

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for a little perspective.  The other day I was having such a bad afternoon- I had burned the dinner I was preparing for that evening, the whole house smelled terrible so I decided to bake cookies, then my mixer broke...nothing was going right.  Later that evening I was feeling kind of down, then I took a second to look at what was going on around me.  Kael was independently clicking away on his Chromebook, finishing homework.  Kent and Kase were playing light sabers in the living room complete with Star Wars background music.  Kylee and I were frosting Christmas cookies and chatting away about her day.  When you take a second to be intentionally thankful, you often find there's even more to be happy about than you realize.

I'm thankful that the weather keeps holding on for me to be able to run outside in the mornings.  Kent would gladly take me to the gym with him on his guest pass but I prefer to be outside as long as possible. When I do have to go to the gym, I'm thankful to go with Kent.  I don't like going to the gym alone.

I'm thankful for conversations with Kael.  Often our talks revolve around Nerf guns or food, but every once in awhile, seemingly out of nowhere, he'll bring up a serious heart-to-heart topic.  And I love that I'm available to talk to him and that he's willing to talk to me about some big stuff.

I'm thankful for my Christmas shopping partner in crime.


I'm so thankful for Jolly Holiday Lights! Every year we go around town looking at Christmas lights- the kids wear pajamas, we bring hot cocoa, and it's a favorite memory for sure.  This year, my dad gave us a ticket to Jolly Holiday Lights so we decided to surprise the kids, pick up a pizza and eat in the car on the way there.  I had packed all their pajamas and blankets (and also Christmas cookies).  It was so much fun hearing them ooh and ahh over all the cool light displays, and equally as cool to hear them read the wishes (Jolly Holiday Lights benefits the Make-A-Wish foundation) out loud and really understand the whole experience. It was just a great family night. 



Happy Thursday! What are you thankful for today? 

No comments: