8.09.2016

Kylee's 9th birthday

As I re-read the post from last year on Kylee's birthday, I love that some of the things I hoped for her did happen.  We found a ninja gym for her to join and she LOVED it.  She set a goal of finishing first in the triathlon, and she did it! She's never one to brag, but she's a fierce competitor.  In fact, I ran into the cross country coach at the pool the other day, he  had looked up her split times from the triathlon, and asked if I might be able to talk her into cross country camp this fall.  It took no convincing- she is excited for a new challenge!


I also have a lot of the same feelings from last year's post about hanging on to her being "little" but love, love, LOVING grown-up Kylee.  She recently asked to borrow one of my nail polishes and said, "What did you call this color again, sushi?"   I think she meant salmon.  But I knew what she meant. We tend to be on the same wavelength.

Things Kylee currently likes: sneezing, being right, helping others, staying up late to talk with me.

Thing she dislikes: having someone wipe away her tears in the rare occasion that she cries. Also, she's not super excited about her upcoming class this year- she was hoping for a different teacher and doesn't have any of her close friends in her class. But I have no doubt that it will turn out to be another great year for her! She makes friends wherever she goes.

Something I love most about my Kylee is that she's always up for an adventure.  From paddle boarding in the middle of the gulf to scooter tours while on land- she had a blast on our most recent vacation. She always finds fun wherever she goes.








I'm so excited that we got to spend the day celebrating Kylee.  Coming home from a big trip, even Kent had the day off work today to spend with her.  "Does my smile look bigger today?" Kylee asked, in all seriousness.  "I mean, it's my birthday but honestly, when I look in the mirror, I totally think my smile looks bigger than usual."


Gold balloons in the hotel room this morning!

Kylee wanted pie instead of a cake, and she offered to help make it. 




I can't disagree, Kylee girl.  Your smile was shining brighter today than ever.  You have a heart of gold, and today, on your golden birthday (9 on the 9th), we can't think of a better way to end our evening than to watch the Olympics and see the USA bring home some gold medals!



Kylee, we love you so much! You are such a big help around the house, you always have a loving heart, and it has been a joy watching you grow up! Happy 9th birthday, sweetheart!




No comments: