5.30.2016

Weekend Wrap-Up

Man, it's going to be tough to send Kael and Kylee off to school tomorrow after a fun filled "unofficial start to summer" kind of long weekend! I have TONS of pictures, so here goes!

Friday it was a little rainy, so Kase and I started our day with a blanket fort.  Then a friend asked us to join them at the Indoor Playground, so we spent a couple hours there.  It was a fun start to our weekend! It was also a good day for Kael at school- he had gotten an autograph from an Iowa State football player who had been at their school AND he earned two belts during his trombone lesson! He's been working hard practicing all year long and I'm so happy for him that it's paid off!

Friday night we had dinner at my parents' house.  So funny that the three boy cousins all showed up wearing hot green shirts!




Saturday morning Kael and Kylee had their first triathlon practice.  It was chilly out but the said the water was warm and they both had fun. After a quick lunch, we played around the house.  Kael spent a lot of time doing trick shots with a frisbee- he's been watching some trick shot videos online and is having so much fun trying to recreate the shots at home! Later, it rained again so we went out for ice cream, then I (Fun Bully) convinced Kent that we should go to the pool since it was opening day! Kase has been begging to go for the last few months, and even though it was a little rainy, there was no lightning so we went for it! 




Despite how Kase looks in this picture, we had the.best.time.  The air was cool but the water was really warm.  The kids even convinced me to get in and go down all the slides since no one else was there.  Honestly, this was one of my highlights of the weekend.  Great memories.



Sunday morning Kent, Rob and my dad went out fishing.  They had great luck and caught lots of crappie! 



Meanwhile, the kids, my mom, and I picked up donuts and went to a park.


Then we went to her house to play in the water. 


And then had lunch at Leaning Tower, where Tam and Huston joined us!


When we finished lunch, the guys were just getting home, so they cleaned and ate their fish!


Sunday afternoon we went to Collins and swam.  It was a beautiful day out and we always have fun up there. The kids would have stayed all day and night if we wouldn't have needed to head home for plans with neighbors. 



{Impromptu} driveway hangouts are the best.


This morning Kylee and I joined my dad, Mandy, Tyson and Brooklyn on the boat. It was so, so nice out. Love getting out on the water before anyone else is out there! 


Captain Kylee!



Anyone need any sunglasses?



On the way to the lake, Kylee noticed some house boats and said, "I'm glad we're not lake people.  Like, glad we don't live on the lake on a boat."  I'm glad she clarified because I nearly interrupted her saying, "Kylee, we are totally lake people! We love to fish and swim and ski!" In fact, Kylee told me she hopes to learn to ski this summer.  So that's on our bucket list! 


Had lunch at my parents' with all the cousins, then had our First Annual Memorial Day Water Balloon Toss Tournament, where Justin and Rob were crowned winners!











I know when you look at pictures, it's easy to think what a perfect and fun weekend we had. And we did, but it wasn't all perfect.  Kent's car wouldn't start, later in the weekend we locked my keys in my car, a couple times Kase fell asleep for a too late nap/too early bedtime that had me staying up with him until 11:00, and to top it off- Kent burned his hands pretty badly saving a frisbee from the (very, very hot) roof.  But even with all of that going on, it really was a great weekend.  I can't believe the kids have six more days of school left, but I know they will fly by.  Summer, we're ready for ya!



No comments: