1.06.2016

Thankful Thursday

Today's one of those days where I'm trying to choose to be thankful/happy.

The reality is that no one is super excited about being back at school.

A neighbor got some sad news about her mom's health.

Kase has a cold that won't go away which means we are often up with him many times each night.

My grandma did get to leave the hospital but she still isn't feeling great.

The weather is blah.

Our moods are blah.

So.

Today, I'm thankful for how close we live to the school so the kids can get home quickly in this weather.  Also thankful I don't have wait in the car line every day.

I'm thankful that Kase napped yesterday (at 9AM, no less) because it gave me the chance to sit in the rocking chair with him and smother his face with kisses.  Ones he won't let me give him when he's awake.

I'm thankful for how very excited Kase is when Kael and Kylee walk in the door from school each day.  He starts watching for them about five minutes before school is out.  He sees them come out the school doors and watches them all the way around and stands at the door near our garage- just waiting for the door to open.  When it finally does, his face lights up, "Kylee! Kael! Mom, they're home!"

I'm thankful there were no cars coming when Kase ran away from me in the parking lot the other night in the dark.  A lot thankful he was safe and a little mad it happened.

I'm thankful for this guy who is just putting in so many hours for our family.  He works all day and comes home to jump right in to whatever happens to be going on around here.  Typically that means he and Kase go downstairs to play superheros until I can get dinner on the table.  He also squeezes in a game or two of basketball with the big kids.  And if it happens to be nice out, he takes them all outside to play.



I'm thankful for my Fit Bit.  By thankful, I mean obsessed.  Cindy gave it to me for Christmas and I am having the most fun seeing how many steps I take each day and how well I sleep, etc.  Seriously. Go get one.  They're fun.

I'm thankful for my mom.  She's been busy helping with my grandma, all the while keeping a smile on her face and offering to help us out any way she can.  She's a trooper.

I'm thankful for my dad and the opportunity he's given Kent.

I'm so thankful that my father-in-law is doing well after his back surgery on Tuesday.

Well, just as I suspected.  I have a lot to be thankful for.  How about you?

No comments: