9.20.2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a beautiful fall weekend it was! 

Friday I spent the morning at the zoo with Kylee and the rest of the Ashland Ridge second graders.  I was so thankful Kent rearranged his schedule to stay home with Kase so I could go along with Kylee. So fun to see my kids in their school/class environment.


Friday after school, Kael and Kylee both came home SO happy.  I couldn't be prouder of them! They BOTH earned the Main Event award and this was the first week since school started that they have handed the awards out.  


We went to my dad and mom's to celebrate with pizza.  Also, Kase and Kylee had the most fun pressing their faces against the glass and having us take pictures. 



Saturday morning Kent went early to church group- the kids and I had the loveliest morning here just lounging around in pajamas playing board games.  Kase even slept in until after 8:00! Later Kael had a soccer game- Keith and Cindy came to watch.  Kael played hard and had fun.  Later we went out for lunch, then Keith and Kent went for a bike ride while Cindy, the kids and I picked out pumpkins. After they went home, we spent the evening watching the Hawkeye game.  One of Kael's friends came to watch with us and they watched part of it in the garage since we just put a receiver out there.  


Sunday morning Kase bopped around in his robe and rain boots (and his slippers, and Kylee's slippers at one point), playing flag football with me for awhile.  After church we had brunch with my whole family, including my grandma. So fun. Later that afternoon, Kent and a neighbor friend rode bikes up to the High Trestle Bridge, and his family and our crew met them up there and walked across the bridge and back.  What a beautiful fall day to be out! 





We wrapped up our weekend out on the boat with my family.  Picture perfect! I can't get enough of the beautiful blue skies and these fall sunsets and sunrises!


How was your weekend?

No comments: