8.26.2015

Back to School!

Today's the first day of fifth grade for Kael and the first day of second grade for Kylee.  Kael was ready to go and just seemed so grown up.  Kylee was fine but wasn't really excited to go.  "I just loooove summer, Mom.  And this one was the best ever." I hear ya, Ky.  I really do.  It was one for the record books, no doubt.  But I'm convinced this school year has all the markings of becoming Best Ever too.

I always make muffins on Wednesdays, and I try to have a little Back To School gift waiting for them before school. 






I let the boys have full reign when it cam to picking out backpacks this year.  Kael's is a pepperoni pizza and Kase's backpack is bigger than him.  But the shark mouth does open and close when you squeeze the backpack straps.  So there's that. 

We have quite a crew! A full front porch, and a very full heart. 








The house always seems painfully quiet to me after the big kids go to school.  I'm so thankful I still have my Kaser home for a couple weeks and also thankful for a friend who stopped by so we could have some coffee and watch the kids at recess.  Kael gave me a cool nod and a wave, to which I was very grateful.  I wasn't sure if fifth graders waved at moms or not.  Kylee ran up near the fence line and gave me a big thumbs up, so that was great too.

It's been a great day, with Kase and I having popsicles on the deck, a picnic lunch out back, and practicing for Halloween (his idea- which consisted of putting on cowboy boots and a funny hat and carrying a jack-o-lantern bucket around). He also helped me make a blueberry pie because I know Kael and Kylee will be thrilled to come home to that.

How did back to school go for you and yours?

No comments: