7.25.2015

Triathlon!

The kids have spent nearly every Saturday morning of summer at triathlon practice.  Today was race day! We woke up to a beautiful morning- the kids were excited and ready to go! 

This is the first year Kylee has done it.  We got there in plenty of time so we could walk the routes a little bit.  They got their numbers written on their arms, ankle timers on, and set their things up in the transition area.  I can't say enough about how well the practice class has prepared them! I also can't say enough about what a cool event this is and how well it is run. 



My parents and Kent's parents came to watch. We had a great cheering section!



Having two kids in the race made it difficult to try to get pictures of both! I mostly stayed near the transition area.


Kylee's ankle timer fell off during the swim portion of the race but someone was there to help her put it back on.









Post race massages make it all worthwhile!









Well over 200 kids participated in this event so it was really cool to watch! I couldn't have been more proud of my kids and how hard they raced.

No comments: