4.27.2015

Kase is 3!

"You haven't posted a Weekend Wrap-Up or a Kase birthday blog yet?" Kent texted me earlier this morning.

No, not yet.  I was too busy spending every possible waking minute with Kase, soaking up every last second of his two year old self. It is the most beautiful, sunshiny day and my littlest buddy and I have spent the entire morning in the backyard, just us two.  We have played trucks in the sandbox.  We have raced around the house.  We have played soccer and hit more baseballs than you could possibly count.  And that was all before 9:00.

April 27, 2012.  1:52 PM. A time I will never forget.  Perhaps you recall that's the exact minute we got on offer on our house before we moved? Or maybe you remember the story of how my mom was babysitting my niece, cleaning my house for a showing, picking up my kids from school and playdates, and having them show up, perfectly dressed in their Big Brother/Big Sister shirts when Kase arrived?

Kase.  My Kaser.  How is it possible that was three whole years ago? The baby of our family isn't so little anymore.  Especially in the last few months he has really grown up.  Fully potty trained, napping only occasionally, and he ditched his beloved pacifier on his own...and he is ready for preschool.

I am so enjoying watching him grow up. I spent many sleepless nights when he was a baby, holding him, rocking him, through his tears and my own, wondering, dreaming about the person he would become.  He has certainly developed a personality all his own.  A total sweetheart with a million dollar smile.  And a tan that makes the rest of us crazy jealous.

"He's just all boy, isn't he?" I hear so often at the park when people watch him play.  It's not that he's rough, he's just...well, he's just all boy.  He will climb anything.  He will jump off anything.  He will fall down (hard) and not even flinch.  Kase is tough.  He keeps up with his big brother and sister to say the least. Despite the big age gap, he can totally hold his own against his Kael and Kylee.  They protect him, they love him, and they don't let him get away with a-n-y-thing.  He's quick to bop you if you don't do what he wants but just as quick to apologize.  He's learning to share and becoming best buddies with a neighborhood friend.

His current likes (loves) are tractors, trucks, sports (all of them), watermelon and macaroni. (See below.  Macaroni picnic for lunch today.) Current dislike- smiling for the camera (as in, looking directly at the camera without making a goofy face).  He's just a cool kid.  The other day, I was sitting in a rocking chair with him and I asked him if he wanted me to sing him a song to go to sleep.  As in, a lullaby.  He immediately responded and said, "Yeah, Mom.  Can you sing me Centuries?" As in, the popular song by Fall Out Boy.  I'm guessing not many other toddlers out there are requesting Centuries as their bedtime song?



Kase, we love you! I can't wait to see what this year has in store for you!


No comments: