11.03.2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

Thought I would share some pictures of the kids' pumpkins this year and some more Halloween fun.



We also ran into this little Royals guy at the library Trick Or Read. :)


I made the kids some fun Ghosts in the Graveyard snacks after school.


I have never really been one to love Halloween, but I do LOVE, LOVE, LOVE trick-or-treating with this crew!


Also made them some Monster Face Donuts for breakfast.


This has been my view for weeks now.  Kase wants to play football all.the.time.  "Mom, can you tackle me?" 


When we're not playing football, we're out playing trucks. 



Now, onto a quick recap of the weekend. Friday night we went out for dinner downtown with some friends.  We really appreciated Keith and Cindy coming down to hang out with the kids!

Saturday morning Kylee and I met up with my sister and mom at the craft show in town.  So fun-would have loved to have spent all day there! It did, however, inspire a little craftiness in me- so Kylee and I worked on a project later that afternoon.  


We also spent the day watching the Hawks play at some friends' house.  It was a great day. Later we borrowed my parents' backyard for a quick fall picture.  And I mean quick. My parents weren't even home and we were on our way somewhere else, so the kids jumped out of the car, ran to the backyard to the exact same place we had taken the picture last year, sat down, smiled, I took two pictures and they hopped back in the car.  

2014

2013
After the picture, we visited my grandma, whose birthday is this week.  She asked us to stay for a little pizza party and the kids had a great time.  So good to see my grandma happy and feeling well. 


Sunday, we had our usual pancake breakfast, although we would have loved some donut balls (ha!!!;) then off to church.  Then we went out for lunch with Kent's parents.  Later that afternoon, I had a coffee and Christmas planning date with my sisters then that evening we spent running around my parents backyard.  The kids had fun collecting hedge apples and rolling them on the bridge.

And now for my annual narration of how productive I am on Daylight Savings Time.  My kids get up early and even if they go back to sleep, I'm awake.  This morning, before 7:00, I had worked out, dusted and vacuumed the entire house, made homemade bread, done two loads of laundry and prepped these ribs for dinner tonight.

How about you? Did your kids wake up super early too?

Have a great week, guys!

No comments: