5.12.2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a weekend!

Technically, I think this was Thursday night.  We had ice cream cones before dinner on the deck. I heart summer weather.

I hope all you moms out there were as lucky as I was on Mother's Day.  My family treated me like a queen!  More on that later.

Friday night, Kylee had a birthday party to go to and I had one of those in-home girls night parties to attend.  I thoroughly enjoyed an evening with the neighbor ladies and Kent handled everything on the home front- picking Kylee up from her birthday party, feeding the boys dinner, doing dishes and bathing all three kids.  I love that we're at a point in our lives that I can leave for the night knowing things will be just fine at home while I'm away.

Saturday morning Kent and my dad went out fishing and my mom took the kids and me out for breakfast.  So fun!

Rainbow sprinkled pancakes had Kylee's name alllll over them. 


After breakfast, we all met back up at my parents' house for some mushroom hunting.  We had so much fun and found quite a few!












Saturday at noon Kael had a baseball game, which was going to be tricky because that's about Kase's nap time.  Kent's parents came down and offered to stay with Kase during his nap so I could watch the whole game, which I appreciated so very much.  Kael had a good game and one of the best hits he's had all season so I was glad I was there to see it. 


Saturday afternoon we had plans to get together to celebrate my mom's birthday and Mother's Day with my side of the family.  My mom needed to be at the hospital with my grandma so we weren't sure it was going to work out, but thankfully some decisions have been made regarding my grandma, and my mom was able to make it to her party.  I don't have a lot of pictures- but we really had a great time! 


The boys watching the storm roll in/away. 

A double rainbow!

Sunday morning Kent was up early with Kase and the big kids were up soon.  They had the sweetest, most thoughtful cards to give me that all you moms out there know mean more than anything. I expected absolutely no gifts so when Kent took the kids to the other room and sent them around the corner holding a wrapped jewelry box...I was speechless.  Kent and I have a mutual understanding to not give each other gifts for most holidays which usually means he gets me something and I get him nothing, which leaves me feeling like a bit of a punk.  

Before I even opened it, I was prepared to smile and tell him, "It's too much" and beg him to return it, saying I'd rather save the money and take the kids to Disney or something.  But then I opened it.  And inside, you guys... the sweetest, most thoughtful, most "Laura" gift ever.  Kent got me a beautiful Mother's Ring with the kids birthstones and even as I type this, my eyes are welling up with tears, not only at the ring itself, but the kind words he said with gifting it to me.  I'm the luckiest girl in the world. 

Kent spent the rest of the day doing e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. He changed all diapers, put Kase down for his nap (which is no small feat anymore), mowed the lawn, stayed with the kids so I could go buy some flowers...it was so nice.  After church we enjoyed playing some board games with the big kids while Kase slept and later we hung out with some neighbors and in the evening we went out for dinner which was such a treat.   

I love these guys! 

Even when I have to chase one of them down just to be in a picture with me... :)
It was a lovely weekend.  Hope you all have a great week!

No comments: