4.13.2014

Kael's birthday

My sweet-hearted, strong-willed, sports-loving oldest boy turned nine today.

Kael didn't ask for a lot for his birthday- the only thing he really wanted was a sleepover with his best friend.  We took his friend out with us for supper at Kael's restaurant of choice, Godfather's, on Friday night.  Then we spent the rest of the evening playing outside.  His friend wasn't able to stay over all night, but stayed until later in the evening and Kael was happy with that.

Saturday morning we celebrated all the April birthdays at my mom and dad's house.  We had such a nice time- the cousins all had fun playing together and we couldn't have asked for nicer weather.  Kael was THRILLED with his baseball slip and slide and Kase enjoyed unwrapping his water table.  (And who would have guessed that on April 12 it would be warm enough to use it?!) The morning ended too soon but the babes' naps were beckoning, as was Kael's first baseball game of the season! He had a great game- he started in center field (which is where he had been begging Kent to play him), he got on base four times, got a chance to pitch, and even turned a double play! I think they're going to have a really fun season this year because their team is really good. Kent's parents were in town too, and we enjoyed a nice afternoon with them, helping fill water balloons for the neighborhood kids and taking Kaser for a bike ride.

I hope I remember to take a picture of my boys together every April.  How many years until Kase catches Kael in height?

Sisters. Love 'em.

Slugger.

My barefooted daredevil.

The babies of the families.

A happy birthday boy.

Another April cutie! :)

That smile. 

April birthdays!











Sunday morning, Kael woke up early to the rain and was happy to find his room filled with balloons.  I was just happy that at nine, he's not yet too cool for our silly family birthday tradition. :) The kids got to sing in church for Palm Sunday, then we went to Jethro's with my parents for lunch.  Kael loved the chocolate cake they brought for his birthday treat! And he was even willing to share.  We spent the rest of the day relaxing, playing cards, watching TV, playing Wii- exactly what Kael wanted.  What a great day!

It's hard to believe Kael is nine.  I feel like there are days when I totally understand who he is and other days he surprises me completely.  I'm so anxious to see what this next year holds for him! We love you, Kael!

No comments: