3.20.2014

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful that Kylee gets sooo into holidays.  She had her shamrock necklace, Lucky shirt and green headband set out the night before St. Patrick's Day.  Kael was hoping "the leprechaun" would visit us and do something sneaky/naughty and Kylee is understandably concerned about the idea of a little person sneaking around our house, so this year "the leprechaun" just brought a small gift for each kid- no trashing of the house or turning anything green.  Kylee was relieved.  But, it's just not St. Patrick's Day unless you consume at least one green thing so we turned our ice cream green and added green sprinkles. 




I'm thankful for a great kickoff to Spring Break last week. Kent took a rare day off and we got up early and drove to the Amanas for a big family-style breakfast that was out of this world! Then we went to the Iowa Children's Museum. We just love it there! It was a great day.






I'm thankful for plans to go to Jethro's tonight with Kent's family- his cousin Kelsey is heading back to South Korea soon and we are glad to get to see her again before she leaves!

I'm thankful with every chilly day that passes. One step closer to warmer weather. I hope.

I'm thankful (for Kent) that the NCAA wrestling tournament is this weekend. He loves it like most people love March Madness.

I'm thankful that the kids have so many friends in the neighborhood.  We've had friends over to play, join us for movie night, and have dinner with us.  A house full of friends- kids coming and going all day long- is a very happy house.

I'm thankful, however, for a clever sign idea I found.  It says "Sorry, we can't play" on one side and "We can play" on the other. So when Kase is napping or when I want to enjoy some family time, I just put the sign up on our front door. 

I'm thankful for a stop at the Indoor Playground and then lunch with my mom, sister, niece nephews. Wish my kids got to see their cousins more!

I, like the rest of the world, am thankful that Frozen was released on DVD Tuesday! We had so much fun watching it that night.


I'm thankful the weekend is near.  It will be one of our few free weekends before Little League kicks in.  Hoping to soak up every last, lazy minute.

Happy Thursday, all!

No comments: