2.27.2014

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful I am FINALLY caught up on all of my children's photo books.  I had several books when Kael and Kylee were little where I actually printed off pictures, labeled them and put them in albums. Then evidently I took a couple years off.  Now I have caught up on photo books from 2009 and 2010 (the years I was missing) AND completed 2013 photo books.  What a project.  Does anyone have a good system for photos? My kids love to look at the books so I like having them actually printed off instead of just on the computer.  But by the time I make three separate books for every year...well...it's just very time consuming.

But doing them makes me happy-sad.  So happy for all the fun memories and so very thankful my mom captured a lot of pictures I would have never been able to take with my hands full and busy with two little ones.  But it makes me sad that Kylee's chubby little toddler cheeks are gone forever.  Sad to see pictures of Kael sitting on my lap because, well, Kael no longer fits on my lap.  And even if he did- he's got more time for friends and video games than kisses and hugs from Mom.  Happy for pictures where I look younger, more fit.  Sad that running has fallen to the way way way waaaaayyy bottom of my priority list these days.

Here's to hoping that Kase's chubby baby cheeks stick around forever and that his long, blonde curls come back for at least one more summer.


No comments: