11.04.2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

As expected, Daylight Savings Time had us all up early. Kase graced us with his presence at 3:30, while the other two sleepy heads managed to stay in bed until nearly 5:00. We had a lovely, l-o-n-g day. Kylee even asked me, "How many days have I been off of school?" Regular weekends that feel like long weekends? I'll take 'em. No complaining from this girl, but I'm not the one who got up with Kaser at 3:30 either.

Here are a few weekend highlights:

Attempted some quick photos of the kids in matchy black leather jackets. I think all of us with kids keep fairly modest expectations when taking pictures if our own kids, so I was thrilled to capture a few good shots.

Kael decided he wanted to learn to play Fur Elise on the my keyboard. I remembered a fair amount of it on my own but my mom had saved all my old piano books so I got them from her and taught Kael the beginning of it. It shouldn't have surprised me but he picked it up very quickly! That whole amazing memory thing he has going for him serves him well! Does your 8 year old also like to watch Sunday Night Football while playing Fur Elise? 

Kylee is reading. Like, legitimately reading real books. I am so happy for her. She read me an entire Dora book tonight and I praised her for sounding out the tough words. She even sailed through the Spanish words with ease. 

I found a few Christmas lists online that helped me come up with a few more ideas for the kids. This year, more than ever, I just want give them not only gifts they will actually play with for more than a week, but gifts that are meaningful. 

Kent helped his dad install a new bathroom floor. Kent was so happy to help and I know his dad appreciated it. 

I filled out our family color-coded fridge calendar for November and I was so excited at how little was on there.  We have several completely free weekends which almost never happens, let alone several times in one month.

Kase can do the splits.  It is so hilarious.  Want proof? Find Kent on Vine- he put up some good ones this weekend.

That's all folks.  Have a great week! 

No comments: