8.30.2013

Weirdo

It's official.

So far this morning, I've taken Kase to feed the ducks fish at the park across the street and I frosted the rest of the mini homemade Funfetti cupcakes I made yesterday for a neighbor's birthday.

After that I recovered a pillow (?!?!) in our living room then mopped our kitchen with homemade floor cleaner.

Next I made a peach pie.

It's only 10:30.  Yup.  I've officially fallen into Weird Stay At Home Mom With Too Much Time On Her Hands category.  And I adore it.

That said, I'll give you the rest of the story.  Because you know as well as I do that something's gotta give.  If I were to read about someone making homemade floor cleaner, recovering pillows and baking all sorts of things I'd certainly be at least mildly annoyed.  So here's what else is going on.

I haven't dressed in anything besides running shorts/workout capris/t-shirts/tanks all week.  Mostly because it's hot but honestly it's because my wardrobe is seriously lacking.  I spend so much more time and money getting the kids dressed than I do on myself.

I have no make-up on and I probably haven't combed my hair in a week.  Ponytail after ponytail requires little to no effort on my hairdressing efforts.  *Insert imaginary photo of tired-looking mom who hasn't worked out in months.

I spent the evening last night with Kael discussing a little bit of r-e-s-p-e-c-t.  He yelled at me in front of a group of our very close friends (read: I was mortified) "YOU ARE SO MEAN!!!!!" because I had pulled him from a game of kickball for shoving his sister to the ground.  That, I didn't adore.

Next up was a friendly reminder to Kylee that we're a little too young to be having "crushes" at school. Ugh.

So friends, I guess the point of this post is that just when I feel like I've "put in my time" and things are getting easier...well, they're not.

So, here's to a long weekend and fewer "discussions" with the kids and more effort on my part to look any better than as if I've just rolled out of bed.  Hey, at least our house will be clean and we'll have food to eat. :)  Enjoy your Labor Day, friends!

No comments: