3.14.2013

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for Daylight Savings Time.  Call me crazy.  I know we lost an hour of sleep.  But somehow my kids always sleep better after Daylight Savings in the spring.  The first night Kase slept uninterrupted from 7:00-2:00.  I know that might not seem like a lot but you guys that was 7 straight hours of sleep.  A huge deal for Kase!!! The next morning he was in bed until 7:00 AM.  Honestly that hasn't happened for as long as I can remember.

I'm thankful for kids who get excited for each other.  Kael has a map in his room and the other night he was asking Kylee some of the states and she was able to read pretty much all of them.  Kael ran down the stairs so anxious to share the news with me and Kent that, "Kylee's reading! I was asking her the states and she can read them all!" Kylee was beaming.

I'm thankful for a short week and Spring Break ahead. KC, here we come!!!

I'm thankful that some of my dad's friends were getting rid of a ping pong table and we were the lucky recipients of it! The table currently resides in our Kent's newly heated garage but will make it's way down to our basement at some point.  Come on over and play!

I'm so thankful for the garden bed Kent built for me! Crossing my fingers we can make something grow in it!
Thanks, Missy for letting us borrow your plan!


I'm thankful for the opportunity to visit Kael's music class.  Instead of having a concert for second graders this year they invited parents to come visit the classroom and it was so fun! The kids were really involved.



I'm thankful for the brownies my mom brought over to our house yesterday.  Every now and then when Kase goes to bed early, we let the big kids stay up and have ice cream sundaes.  This is SUCH a treat for them and they are so excited when I let them know it's an ice cream sundae night.  We pull out all the stops- inside their sundae dishes are brownies covered with ice cream, chocolate, strawberry and caramel syrup, whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry.


Have a great Spring Break, you guys! 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

OMG 7 straight hours! That's amazing! I'm sad you weren't able to also get 7 straight hours, but I'm glad we got to hang out with you :)