2.07.2013

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for my friend Allison's "I can fix this" attitude.  After reading my blog yesterday she called me up, offered to watch the kids during kindergarten registration and she dropped off some C batteries.  Talk about saving the day! :) Thanks Allison!!!

I'm thankful I finally got around to starting the kids photo books for 2012.  It's always seems like such a big
task that I sort of drag my feet but once I get started, you guys, I have the absolute best time selecting photos for their books.  Every album I click through I usually discover some random iPhone photo that I had completely forgotten about and end up laughing out loud at some of the memories from the last year.  It never ceases to amaze me how much the kids have grown in a single year.

I'm thankful Kent's parents come home from vacation soon.  We missed you guys!

I'm thankful for early morning games of Battleship with Kael.

I'm thankful Kylee likes her adorable haircut as much as the rest of us do.

I'm thankful for a beautiful, warm, muddy, messy day yesterday!

I'm thankful Kase likes to share his food with me.  Is there anything yummier than smashed up Cheerios that have been smuggled away in little sweaty fists? And how do I say no when he reaches them towards my mouth to share them to me?

I'm thankful for fun weekend plans ahead- does it get any better than elementary school Fun Nights???  :)

I'm thankful my sister got called back for a second interview in Ankeny.  I have no doubt she's the perfect candidate for the job and I know quite a few people who would be THRILLED if she, Rob and the babe moved back this way.

I'm thankful that Kase has started to talk.  He has mastered "Hi, Dad", "Mom", "baba (bottle)" and "no no no no no no no" (when he crawls and starts reaching for anything he's not supposed to- oven, fireplace, outlets....).  Also I swear he said "hot" the other day when he was by the oven and occasionally I can convince myself he says "up" when he crawls to me and reaches for me.

I'm thankful for Wednesday morning blueberry muffins.  Late starts are the perfect excuse for me to actually bake something for breakfast and blueberry muffins are something we all eat.

I'm thankful Kent's brother joined us for dinner last night.  The kids get soooo excited when we have guests.

I'm thankful I discovered a pair of jeans in my closet that I had completely forgotten about.  Honestly I hadn't seen them since we moved into this house.  It's like I got a new pair of jeans for free!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: