12.31.2012

On resolutions

I'm not really one for making too serious of New Year's Resolutions.  I kind of like me the way I am, which is not to say that I couldn't stand to make a few little changes, but I also know myself well enough to know I'm not going to stick to anything if it's too lofty a goal.

When Kylee was sick over Christmas break I let her take a bath in my jet tub.  As the water was running I said, "Wait here for a sec, I'm going to go change my clothes".  I walked into my closet and started to change when I got the feeling that I was being watched.  I turned around and sure enough Kylee was standing there.

"Do you need something, Kylee?"

"No, Mom.  It's just that I was wondering, um, why do your legs jiggle like that when you walk?"

Silence, as I buried my head in my hands, trying to stifle a giggle but look slightly offended at the same time.

She seemed confused by my non-answer, so she was quiet for a second too.  Cautiously, she proceeded,
"I'm sorry, is that embarrassing for you? I didn't really mean to hurt your feelings."

Oh, Kylee. I tried to explain to her that sometimes you don't have to say out loud everything you think in your head.  And while I do very much appreciate her honesty, yes, it can be a little embarrassing for me to be told that my legs jiggle when I walk.

So this year, it looks like I'm going to have to resolve this business of jiggly legs.  What about you? What New Year's Resolution do you have?



No comments: