9.11.2012

Weekend Wrap- Up

Even though Kase didn't sleep, our weekend wasn't a total bust.  Far from it, actually.  First, a couple of cute baby pictures.




So innocent.

Since he'd been in DC earlier in the week, Kent had Friday off which was so wonderful.  It was really nice to spend a whole day with him.  Kent is so good about bringing things back for us when he's gone and I absolutely LOVE the Future President bib he brought Kase.  Hilarious.


Friday happened to be Kylee's Star Student day at preschool, so Kent was able to join her and watch her talk in front of her class, and he even got to read a book to the class.  She also was diggin' the pink bear Kent brought her from DC and she got to show it to her class as part of her presentation.


While Kent was gone, I threw together some last minute plans for an impromptu party to celebrate his 30th. It wasn't a surprise, so I was super thankful to have him around Friday to help me get some things set up.  Kase "helped" Kent in the garage.


I couldn't decide whether the Beer Cake I saw on Pinterest was cute and fun or borderline redneck.  Just to be sure, I classed it up with a cute saying and Hawkeye colors.  I think Kent appreciated my efforts. :)


30 doesn't really suck that badly (From what I hear, that is. I wouldn't know, because I'm not 30 yet.  Tee hee :) but I wanted an excuse to buy some Tootsie Pops- Kent and the kids LOVE them.


Kael and Kylee helped with party prep.


Kinda sad when you have to decorate for your own party.  But Kent makes things fun.  And he doesn't look a day over 29, if you ask me!



I completely failed at taking pictures for the rest of the weekend.  No real pictures of the actual party, or of Kent's actual birthday, or of the party his family threw him. Below is the gift the kids and I gave him- I really wish I would have gotten a picture of it from the front- it was a basket of 30 of Kent's favorite things.  Just random stuff (favorite snacks, favorite gum, a few craft beers, some Diet Pepsi, lottery tickets, a DQ gift card...stuff like that), but the kids and I had a blast putting it together.


Kent's mom planned a fantastic surprise party for Kent during the Iowa/Iowa State game.  It was a devastating loss and an ugly game, so thank goodness the party, the food, the company were all awesome! I so wish I would have gotten some pictures- the house looked great all decorated. Plus, she gave him two tickets to an Iowa game later in the season so Kent was excited about that.  Hopefully the Hawks have their act together by then so we can watch them win!

Sunday was Kael's football debut.  I was psyched that he was going to get to be quarterback but kind of nervous.  I wondered if he really knew the plays- so I was quizzing him pregame.  He shrugged me off like it was nothing, "Mom, on one play I fake to Jack then I throw it the other way and we'll score." And later, when we got to the game, he did just that.  Not only did he throw a TD pass, he'll also tell you that he "got two flags from the other team".

Kael is number 10.



Chalk up another fun, busy weekend in the books.  Ain't life grand?

No comments: