9.17.2012

My favorite people

What a joyful weekend we had around here.  I'm in a crazy good mood so here's a few little blurbs about those I love the most.

Kent: I don't know how in the world God knew that Kent and my (occasionally volatile) personalities would complement each other instead of the opposite. I am hardest on Kent because he can handle it.  He's always the one who lets me be a total pill without letting it get to him. When I'm down, he let's me vent and then picks me right back up.  He's a good one.

So Kent has a whole bunch of Best Buy reward points saved up from the far-too-many-to-name things we've bought there over the last several months.  He talked about buying a fridge for our garage which is slowly looking like a "must buy" instead of a "would like to have" item.  We never got around to making it to Best Buy on Saturday then on Sunday we split up (I stayed home with Kase while Kent went with the big kids to see baby Tyson.) and Kent texts me (from his personal phone), "Hey I forgot my work cell phone- I think I left it in my computer bag in my car.  Can you bring it when you come?" So I head to his car and find his computer bag and as I attempt to open it I am thisclose to texting Kent and letting him know what I think of his bag that is so jammed full of junk and so disorganized that I can barely get into it when there, right in the middle of his bag, was the extra zoom lens for our camera (to capture the far away sports shots, specifically) I have been d-y-i-n-g for.  He had spent his Best Buy money on me.  Something I really wanted.  Bonus points for tricking me into discovering it, too- Kent always makes things fun. He's a keeper, this one.



Kael: Seriously you guys, it was Kael's weekend.  He comes out of school with a HUGE smile on his face on Friday and holds up a big yellow paper, "Mom, I'm the Main Event!!!" He got recognized for his hard work in math and got his name called over the loudspeaker and no doubt, class cheers ensued.  Awesome.  Saturday he totally ROCKED his soccer game.  His coach chose Kael to start as goalie (the most coveted position in 7 year old soccer) AND later in the game Kael scored a runaway goal. Sunday, well, you guessed it- Kael scored at his football game! It was the point after, which, at age 7 is equally exciting as scoring a touchdown. Kael dove right into the end zone and came up with a smile on his face and grass stains on his shirt.  Perfect. I'm so proud of the young man he's becoming.







Kylee: There are almost no words for me to say for what I'd like to convey about Kylee.  Strangers stop me while we're shopping, "Is that your daughter? She is gorgeous.  Her face looks like one of those American girl dolls. " Beautiful, she is.  But it's not the most notable of her qualities. We were at a party once and Kylee was chatting with an older gentleman there who happened to be the great-uncle of one of her friends. I could tell he was completely charmed by her, but I could also tell that Kylee was in no way attempting to charm him.  She was just being Kylee.  The mom tells me that every time the uncle calls, he still asks, "And how is that Kylee Kay doing? That girl is unforgettable." Kylee is a middle child to.the.core. She is SUCH a giver. She's always willing to help entertain Kase or run and get his blanket or anything he might need. And she's just good company.  I'd take that girl by my side any day of the week.





Kase: At present time, Kase demands more of my attention than all the rest of my clan combined.  He needs me and I need him.  A friend, who has a newborn, was recently commenting to me that she kind of wished to fast forward time a little bit until her little one was sleeping better, able to sit up, able to communicate.  I didn't realize how sensitive I was about this as I kind of started choking up, "Don't wish it away," I advised. "Seriously it will be gone before you know it and you'll wish for it back." I all too easily recall what it felt like when we lost the baby a couple years ago and how I thought maybe we'd never have another.  And I remember occasionally wishing (about Kylee) some of the same things my friend wished for.  I remember thinking how much easier things would be once she slept through the night.  Once she learned to walk.  Then it became a real possibility that we might not ever have another and I would have given anything to have those baby times back.  Now, Kase is here and I am just soaking up every last second of him being a baby.  His handsomeness is almost a problem, really.  "Those cheeks! I just want to get them!" complete strangers say to us when we're playing at the park.  The way he snuggles into my neck- I swear he's wrapping his arms around me for a hug. And is it too early for him to be able to say "Mom"? I'm certain I heard it the other day.  Ahhh.  I love it. All of it.  I just want him to stay.



Kase has learned at an early age the art of photo bombing. 

We had a fun time hanging out with some more of my favorite people this weekend and here are a couple quick pics of the crew.



Hope you all had a lovely weekend with your favorite people!!!

No comments: