7.04.2012

Fourth of July, Part II

Last night (July 3) there were a lot of fireworks going on around the area since the Fourth falls in the middle of the week.  Kent and I had been out to dinner and when we picked up the kids, it was kind of late, and they all were in good moods so Kylee and I tried to convince Kent that we should go watch fireworks.  He'd had a super busy day at work and was exhausted, and he also made the good point that we would be watching fireworks on the Fourth and next Sunday during Summerfest.  Seeing a firework show three times in less than two weeks kind of takes the magic away, I suppose.  Anyhow, we decided to just head home.

I told Kylee, who was a little disappointed, that when we got home we'd all get in our jammies and sit on her window seat in her room and look out her window for fireworks.  (She's got a pretty good/open view out her new room window.) We watched for a minute or two and didn't see any.  Then, as clear as could be, we spotted some fireworks to the north/west a little bit (Maybe Slater? We weren't sure.) I was silently thinking how nice it was watching fireworks from the comfort of our own home: just us five, in our pajamas, no bugs, no crazy traffic jams afterwards and just as I was about to open my mouth to say how lucky we are, Kylee sighed a happy sigh and said, "I'm just so happy after all." Girl took the words right out of my mouth.

No comments: