5.24.2012

Thankful Thursday


I'm thankful Kael had fun at the Flat Stanley play.  Earlier in the school year he was really into the Flat Stanley books so we bought him tickets to see it at the Des Moines Playhouse with Kent this last Sunday. When Kael got home he just smiled and said, "Best play ever!"

I'm sooo thankful for Kase's first official smile even though it wasn't at me. He smiled sooo big at Kent twice the other day.  Nothin' better.

I'm thankful for a few extra free minutes before we picked up Kael on his last day of school.  I had been wanting to do a Welcome to Summer type party (darn Pinterest has too many fun ideas!) but thought I was going to run out of time to throw anything together.  Kase fell asleep and Kylee went to the neighbor's house so I quick blew up a TON of balloons and filled my car with them.  I also made a Happy Summer sign and broght along popsicles.  A perfect way to kick off summer break! Kael's smile was so big when he opened the car and found it full of balloons!

I'm thankful for a neighborhood full of kids.  It's not easy to tell from the picture but there were 7 bikes and 2 trikes parked in my driveway the afternoon school got out. 



I'm thankful for a husband who still makes cat calls at me, even if I'm just walking down our sidewalk to pick Kylee up from her friend's house.  It's a little bit embarassing and a lot flattering.


I'm thankful to live in a town with so very many parks! The kids and I came up with a list (I found 34, counting school playgrounds) and we're going to try to play at every single one before summer's over!


The first few days of summer have been all sorts of wonderful.  Hope you can all say the same!!!

No comments: