4.26.2012

An update

I know lots of you are anxious to hear baby news! Here's the scoop.  Dropped Kael and Kylee off at Mom and Dad's last night and the hospital called me to tell me they would be calling anytime after 5:00 AM the following day about what time to be there for my induction.  So, Kent and I were up and ready by 5:00 this morning in case they said to go ahead and come on in.  They didn't.  Turns out lots of people are having babies at Mercy today and we happen to be third on the list for elective inductions.

My doctor called me around 9:15 to let me know that I do have the option of delivering at West Lakes if I would like.  I would not like.  There's no NICU there, and I'm more familiar with Mercy, plus I'm just not in that big of a hurry. Every hour that I wait just brings me that much closer to having the baby naturally anyways, I suppose. 

Thus far, there are only a couple downsides that I can see of not delivering today.  Lots of people have moved their schedules around for a baby to arrive today, and now plans have to be changed for a (hopefully!) delivery tomorrow instead. Also, the doctor I have been mainly seeing is there today, not tomorrow but I know the doctor who will be there tomorrow, too.  Kael and Kylee are really excited to meet their new brother today, but since they've waited this long, another day or two can't hurt.

Figured I'd take this opportunity to share a couple last minute belly pictures.  I'm looking forward to having news to share soon!



No comments: