4.01.2012

April

Happy April everyone! I think I said before in a post awhile back that October was my favorite month but April is definitely up there too. I love spring.  And April happens to be my birthday month, which I look forward to celebrating but have decided that I like being 28 perfectly well so I think I'll just turn 28 again this year. :)
We have LOTS going on this April: Easter, Kael's (7th!!!) birthday, my niece's first birthday, my birthday, my mother-in-law's birthday and hopefully we will be welcoming a baby this month! The official due date is April 30, but both Kael and Kylee came late so I'm not holding my breath.  And that's just for our immediate family! We also have several friends and cousins with birthdays this month so it's going to be a busy April!

We had a great weekend.  We had two realtors schedule showings for Saturday at our house which meant that by about 9:00 Saturday morning we had the house clean (thanks, Mom!) and the yard mowed (Kent did that Friday night) so we were all ready for the weekend.  Kael woke up at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning so he and I headed to Hy-Vee to pick up coffee, donuts and a few groceries.  We were actually there before Starbucks even opened if you can believe it. 

Later I got the chance to sneak away and have coffee with my sister, then off to meet Kent and the kids at the Easter egg hunt.  It was freezing, per usual.  I swear, no matter what it is always chilly the day of the town egg hunt! The kids didn't seem to mind and Kael even won a prize! He picked out a blue soccer ball he was quite pleased with.  Kylee was equally pleased with her candy. :)

Saturday night was spent here with some friends and a super cute baby.  I love that her mom is so cool about letting Kael and Kylee feed her! Looks like I'm going to have some good helpers.



This morning Kael got to sing at church.  I remember when I was a kid and got to sing on Palm Sunday!


He's there in the blue, singing his little heart out. :)

After church Kent washed the cars while the kids had a water gun fight, then we met up with my parents and looked at a few houses.  When we got home Kael and I just kind of lounged around while Kent took Kylee on a bike ride- they've had some fun Daddy/daughter bike riding dates lately and today they discovered a new park out in Boulder Brook.



Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

No comments: