2.22.2012

That kind of a day

I woke up early after not having slept well and could tell I was getting a cold. You know the kind where the back of your throat is all scratchy and you just kind of feel icky? Well, I stayed in bed.  Soon Kael joined me. "Mom?" he said.  "I have something kinda bad to tell you.  Yesterday when I was in PE none of the kids wanted me to be on their team and they called me annoying." 

So that's how my day started.  I talked with Kael for awhile to try and boost his spirits but I could tell he was feeling down and so was I.  Later I told Kent what Kael had said to me and of course, Kent was angry.  Shortly thereafter Kent and I were at each other's throats because I was sad and he was mad and it wasn't even 7:00AM yet.

Fast forward a bit and I got the kids off to school.  Stopped by the bank on the way home and all I had was a couple checks to deposit so I went through the drive.  I filled out my deposit slip like a pro becaues I used to work at the bank and it would drive me crazy when people would only half fill them out.  Let me tell you folks, my deposit slips are like a work of art.  Perfectly signed, dated, name/address filled out, and math all done correctly.  I know.  It's a gift.  Anyhow, I put all my stuff in the tube and sat there waiting.  And waiting.  People in the line beside me came and went.  I glanced in the window of the bank and saw the tellers chatting, drinking coffee.  Uggggh.  Normally I'm not one to crab about stuff like this because I worked at the bank- I know they're busier in there than they look.  But today, I just felt like I had to say something.  I leaned out my window to hit the "call" button to give them a piece of my mind and sitting right there was my tube, filled with all my deposit stuff.  I had never hit the send button.  While I was sitting there silently seething, the tellers inside were probably chatting about the crazy lady in lane 3 who forgot to send her tube in.  Duh Laura.

So I went home to unpack groceries and had a couple uneventful hours.  Fast forward again to lunch time.  Since I wasn't feeling great I decided to make some chicken noodle soup.  It boiled alllll over the stove.  Awesome.  Cleaned it up and decided to make a grilled cheese to go with my soup, only to find that when Kent came home over lunch he had used up the last regular pieces of bread and all that was left was a heel.  Whatever.  Made the grilled cheese anyways.  After all this I finally sat down to eat.  Dipped my grilled cheese in ketchup and a huge glob of ketchup slid right off the grilled cheese onto my shirt.  Great.  Cleaned myself up and sat down to eat the soup.  By now, it was cold.  Fantastic. At least I had just bought apples (something I have been majorly craving lately) so I decided to have one for dessert.  It was mushy.  Go figure, right?

So here it is, 1:41 on a Wednesday afternoon and I'm trying to figure out how to make my day go up from here.  I'm grumpy with Kent, I'm devastated for Kael, and I'm wearing a stained ketchup shirt.  Far be it from me to think that I have the world's biggest troubles.  The hiccups in my day are minor, I know.  But I'm just trying to figure out how to turn this day around.  Right now, I'm thinking chocolate.  Any other suggestions?? :)

I promise I'll be thankful tomorrow....

No comments: